Guangdong University of Finance & Economics was founded in 1983. It has two Campuses. The Guangzhou campus is right opposite the Canton Fair, and the Foshan campus is located within the Sanshui Forest Park. GDUFE has developed a multi-disciplinary education system in economics, management, law, humanities, science and engineering. GDUFE boasts over 1600 full-time teachers, 31 schools with a total enrollment of over 31,000 full-time students. From the next academic year (from September 1, 2023 ), we need two full-time foreign English language teachers.
GDUFE enjoys an excellent location in downtown of Guangzhou City, the capital of Guangdong Province and a central city of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area: it is within walking distance to subway stations to get around Guangzhou and it’s 10 minutes’ walk to the Canton Trade Fair Complex, the largest modern exhibition center in Asia, where China Export and Import Fair is held annually. It’s also close to Hongkong and Macao where you can go by train in 1.5 hours.
We welcome passionate and experienced teachers to join us.
I. Job Description
(1) Starting Date: September 1st, 2023
(2) Contract Duration: 10 months (September, 2023- June, 2024)
(3) Workload: 16 teaching weeks, 14-16 periods per week (45 minutes per period).
(4) Courses: Oral English, Listening and Speaking, English Speech and Debating, Cross-culture Business Communication, International Business Contract, Business Negotiation, History of Western Civilization etc.
(5) Deliver one lecture each semester for students or teachers for free.
(6) The Employee shall participate in the activities concerning disciplines development, young faculty’s academic training and students’ international education on invitation by the school he/she works for.
(7) Travelling between two campuses is necessary upon request.
21, Luntou Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, China.
Five-minute away on foot from the North Gate to the subway station Xinggangdong, Line 8 .
Bachelor Degree Holders: 10,000-10,500 RMB/ month
Master Degree Holders: 11,000-11,500 RMB/month
Doctor Degree Holders: 12,000-12,500RMB/month
Payment for extra teaching periods is provided.
(1) Paid winter vacation, Chinese public holidays (>2 months) and Christmas holiday (2 days);
(2) If the foreign teacher renews the contract with GDUFE for a new academic year, the foreign teacher will be paid during summer vacation before the new academic year;
(3) Free accommodation on campus: an apartment with a kitchen, a bathroom, furniture, bedding, two air conditioners, a refrigerator, a washing machine, a water heater and free WiFi access. Maintenance is included;
(4) 2000 RMB/month of Housing allowance will be provided since the third year on conditions that the foreign teacher has worked in GDUFE for two consecutive years with good evaluation and doesn't live on campus;
(5) A free working meal on campus and a free trip within Guangdong Province (subject to epidemic prevention and control measures );
(1) 25-58 years old
(2) Master degree or above
(3) Native-speaker with academic background in Finance, Business, or Economics .
(4) 2 years teaching experience in higher education institution is preferred.
(5) TESL, CELTA, TESOL, and/or Teaching Certificate holder is preferred.
VII. Documents Required for Application
(1) Resume (education and work experience )
(2) Recommendation letters from former employers. A recommendation letter from the latest Chinese employer is necessary if you have the experience of teaching in the university or college in China.
(3) A copy of the highest education certificate
(4) TESL, CELTA, TESOL, and/or Teaching Certificate if available
(5) Copy of the information page of passport and valid visa (electronic version)
(6) Health report made by official medical organizations
VIII. Contact Information
Please send the required documents to the following E-mail address, and for any questions, please feel free to contact Emma Shi from the Office of International Exchange & Cooperation, Guangdong University of Finance & Economics.